Welcome to Physical Education at Holley Central School District!
The mission of physical education is to enable all students to sustain and pursue regular, lifelong, physical activity as a foundation for healthy, productive and fulfilling lives.
We believe that physical education:
- is an integral part of the entire educational process (teaching the whole child)
- is the development and understanding of movement principles
- develops a variety of movement/motor skills through a sequential educational program
- sets the foundation for pursuit and development of physical fitness into a lifelong process
- enhances cognitive skills such as problem solving, decision making and creative thinking
- provides a foundation for lifetime skills (ex. teamwork, cooperation, communication)
- encourages social interaction and provides an environment where students learn to accept individual differences
- instills self-esteem
- promotes integration between our school and it’s community resources
- provides a learning atmosphere that fosters the awareness and knowledge of how to participate in a safe environment
Physical Education Staff: