Selective Classification Requirements
Students in seventh and eighth grade may be invited by a coach to participate in JV or varsity sports. In order to participate at this level, students must meet the selective classification requirements. ONLY the school physician can sign off students for selective classification. Coaches and students should follow these procedures:
- Coach invites a middle school student to sign up a for JV or varsity sport.
- Coach sends student to Health Office to pick up a selective classification packet.
- Parental consent must be signed and turned in to the Health Office. The student will be scheduled to see Dr. Goetz for his or her assessment. Once passed; students will be tested for the agility portion by the athletic director or physical education teacher.
- NO STUDENT WILL BE ALLOWED TO HAVE HIS OR HER OWN DOCTOR SIGN OFF FOR THE TANNER SCALE/SELECTIVE CLASSIFICATION.
- Student may not practice until all requirements are met by the student.