Working Papers

The school district cooperates with the NY State Labor Department in issuing working papers required by law for students under the age of 18 who seek employment. Children residing in the district, who need working papers, may obtain them by contacting the secretary in the High School Office. To secure working papers a student must:
  • Obtain and fill out an application 
  • Be checked by the school doctor or family physician 
  • Submit proof of age: birth/baptismal certificate, hospital record or passport. 
Newspaper deliverers must have working papers. However, deliverers can be as young as 12 years of age and still comply with the regulations by using a slip furnished to them by the newspaper. Children under the age of 18 who seek employment require working papers. It is not necessary to have definite employment before applying for working papers. Physical Fitness Certificates may be completed by a family physician or by the school nurse.
© 2023. Holley Central School District. All Rights Reserved.
Home of the Hawks
View text-based website