As a district, Holley has committed to three main areas of improvement:
- Equity: We commit to ensuring that every child can see themselves reflected in teachers, leaders, curriculum and learning materials.
- Student-Centered Learning: We commit to ensuring that every child is engaged in meaningful learning.
- Multi-Tiered System of Supports: We commit to ensuring that every child is supported academically, socially and emotionally.
All three of these commitments support the overall mission of the district: We, the students, parents, staff and community of the Holley Central School District, will work together to provide the opportunity and means for all students to acquire the skills, knowledge and attitudes to become responsible and productive citizens in a diverse and changing society. The ideal is to instill a passion for lifelong learning.
We recognize that when students see themselves in their curriculum; are engaged in relevant instruction to their lives, experiences, and interests; and feel welcomed and a part of their school, they will be successful academically, socially and emotionally.
One way to do this is through NYSED’s Culturally Responsive-Sustaining Education Framework model, which is grounded in four key, overarching principles:
- Welcoming and Affirming Environment
- High Expectations and Rigorous Instruction
- Inclusive Curriculum and Assessment
- Ongoing Professional Learning
Contact Director of Teaching and Learning Brendan Keiser at 585-638-6316, ext. 2591, if you have questions or suggestions.
Click the link below to view the image of a: