August 30, 2021
Greetings Holley CSD Families and Staff,
The Holley Central School District is excited to reopen fully for all students on Wednesday, Sept. 8. As has been reported, we will be back to five days/week of in-person teaching and learning for this school year. We are not offering a fully remote learning option at this time.
Earlier this summer, the state announced it would not be issuing new guidance for schools to reopen. However, the NYS Education Department and our local health department did recommend that schools base their reopening plans on the Centers for Disease Control (CDC) guidance that was released in July.
On Friday, Aug. 27, the NYS Department of Health issued guidance for all schools in NYS to follow, which we will comply with at Holley. The expectations are as follows:
- Masks will be required for all, regardless of vaccination status, when indoors and on buses. Mask breaks will occur during the day whenever possible. Masks will be optional when outdoors.
- Physical distancing will be applied to the greatest extent possible, especially during meal and snack times, when masks are not worn.
- Handwashing reminders to all students, and explicit handwashing instruction for our youngest learners, will be given to encourage good hygiene practices while at school.
- Students, teachers and staff should stay home when they have any signs or symptoms of infectious illness and may be referred to their healthcare provider for testing and care.
- In lieu of daily health checks, parents will be asked to sign a one-time form for the school year to attest that they won’t send a student to school if sick or with symptoms. Staff will do the same.
The district is committed to providing a safe learning environment while returning to more typical activities as much as possible this year. Therefore, we are planning for the following:
- Allowing for parents, volunteers and outside groups to be in our schools when possible.
- Looking to offer fieldtrips and other enriching experiences when possible and determined as safe.
- Allowing for in-person athletics, concerts, extracurricular clubs and activities to occur.
We very much look forward to everyone returning to school in September. Although we still have some restrictions to ensure everyone’s safety, we are in a much better place than we were a year ago. Thank you for your continued support of the Holley Central School District.
Holley CSD Superintendent of Schools