Administering of Medications

The school nurse may not dispense medication to students without written authorization from parents and the attending physician. This applies to both prescriptions and non-prescription drugs. If your child is taking medication, try to have it administered at home. If it must be taken during school hours, the following requirements must be met for each specific case of treatment:
  • There must be, from the family physician, a written request indicating frequency and dosage of the medication.
  • There must be a written request from the parent to administer the medication as specified by the physician. Medication should be in the original bottle with the student’s name and name of the medication.
  • All medications to be administered in school must be brought in by a parent or guardian.
For more information, please call the Health Office (Elementary School) at 638-6391, ext. 2404, or (High School) at 638-6335, ext. 2184.
Click the link at right to access the Medication Permission Form.

Administering of Medications Downloads

© 2023. Holley Central School District. All Rights Reserved.
Holley Strong
View text-based website