The Holley School District is dedicated to providing a safe and healthy learning environment for students and staff. The Orleans County Health Department, community leaders and school nurses are working with the District to ensure preparedness for any potential onset of the Pandemic Flu. The District encourages all families to take general precautions and prevention measures at home, and encourages families to reinforce and model sanitary habits that prevent the spread of germs.
Here are some ways to protect your family:
- Keep children who are sick at home. Don’t send them to school.
- Teach your children to wash hands a lot with soap and water for 20 seconds. Be sure to set a good example by doing this yourself.
- Teach your children to cover coughs and sneezes with tissues or by coughing into the inside of the elbow. Be sure to set a good example by doing this yourself.
- Teach your children to stay at least three feet away from people who are sick.
- People who are sick should stay home from work or school and avoid other people until they are better.
Additional information on the Pandemic Flu and wellness and prevention measures is available by clicking on the links at right.